[TowerTalk] Hygain TH11

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hygain TH11
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 18:05:45 EDT
In a message dated 5/29/01 12:52:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
cqki8fh@juno.com writes:

> I have noticed in advertising of the TH11 beam, that MFJ wants to call
>  them or go to a web site to get  the gain and front to back figures.  Why
>  don't they just publish them.  Do you think there is a reason such
>  figures should not published?  I remember reading awhile back one
>  advertised a 2 meter vertical and said "gain figures to large to be
>  published," or something to that.  Is this just an advertising ploy to
>  get you to call them?  Just asking.

    Are you referring to CQ magazine since QST doesn't print gain figures
(unless verifed by computer modeling)? Why would you believe their figures
anyway? They don't have an antenna range so I don't think you'd get any
meaningful info anyway.

    Why don't you pick up the N0AX and K7LXC tribander comparison test that
included the TH11? This is REAL data - not manufacturer's hype.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Champion Radio Products

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----