[TowerTalk] Identifing a tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Identifing a tower
From: mike@kb0ozn.com (MikeB)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 14:13:59 -0500
Hi everyone, I just agreed to buy a tower from a guy locally here.  I am
wondering if anybody can help me identify the mfg and specs etc..  It is
a tubular crankup tower.  The main tube is about 5 inches in diam. and
24 feet long.  The center tube which seems to be the only one that
actually cranks up is about 12 feet long.  And the top tube must be
raised manually and then bolted in place? is about 8 feet long.

It is held in place at the bottom simply by a bolt going through the
base about 1 inch up from the bottom, thus it can tilt over.

It is 44 feet tall when all up I'm told.

He says it is very strong, it survived a tornado that went down the
street and ripped up trees 2 feet in diam.  He had a 10m 6m 2m and
vertical on it with a ham 4 rotater.

I am planning on (hoping to) put a ham IV on it with a 10 foot mast
carring a 6m 3el beam, a 2m 15el beam, a 70cm 24el beam, a 33cm 20el
beam, a 23cm 25el looper, and a 13cm 40el looper with maybe a vertical
on the top for 2m/70cm.  The mast I am thinking of at this point is
simply 1 1/4 inch thinwall conduit.

Any comments on the mast or my ideas would be great, this is my first
tower besides a piece of pipe leaning against the house.

Mike
KB0OZN

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----