[TowerTalk] Antenna Raising Injury

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Raising Injury
From: (Josh T)
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 07:32:03 -0500
Well, After starting the lengthy conversation about electrical safety (Thank
you all for your comments... I will worry more about that when I decide to
re-do my antenna layout)... Anyway, I decided to put up a 30/15m dipole.. I
started too late last Sat night and by they time I had the antenna made it
was dark... I have pulley at the top of my 35 foot mast and I was raising
that antenna along with my G5RV back up when my hand slipped off the rope...
Well, both centers of my 2 dipoles came quickly down from 34 1/2 feet (I was
almost there) and hit me right above the eyebrow... I DIDN'T EVEN SEE IT

Well I tried one more time to raise the antennas up, but had to stop because
of the blood in my eyes...

After my trip to the hospital and 5 stitches later, I came back... and
finally got my antennas back up...

And they work great... very close to 1/1 swr on 30...

Just though you all would get a kick out of my antenna raising experience...
and it was worth every stitch... hi

Josh - KB0GUS

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A