[TowerTalk] Lexan

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lexan
From: (Bill Turner W7TI)
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 08:30:04 -0700
On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 07:57:13 -0600, W0UN--Signal Hill Ranch wrote:

>Not sure why
>one respondent had problems with alcohol--maybe the sheet
>wasn't really Lexan or maybe this GE MR10 is somehow
>better or different.

When you use alcohol, be sure it is pure isopropyl alcohol only - some cleaners
are blends of isopropyl and methyl and/or ethyl alcohol.  Both methyl and ethyl
alcohol will attack some plastics, but as far as I know, isopropyl alcohol is
completely benign.  I worked in electronics manufacturing for many years and we
never had any problems using pure isopropyl.

If you buy rubbing alcohol from a drugstore, read the label carefully.  Most of
what you'll find is a blend of 70% isopropyl with an unspecified "denaturant".
Look a bit more and you should be able find 99%+ isopropyl at a somewhat higher

73, Bill W7TI

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A