[TowerTalk] Breaking up guy wires for nonresonance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Breaking up guy wires for nonresonance
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 18:10:17 +0100
Jerry,

Take a look at the tradeoff analysis I have on my Website,
specifically, the break-up insulator, Phillistran, and fiberglass rod
implementations.
I chose the fiberglass rod implementation in part so I could add wire
antennas without
worrying about the interference problems.  www.erols.com/n3rr  Click on
"Guying
Subsystem" in the System Design table.

Also, see the ARRL Handbook for the lengths into which you need to breakup
the guy wires
depending on which bands you intend to use on that tower.  This will answer
one of your questions.

Bill, N3RR