[TowerTalk] Rebar

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rebar
From: (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: 4 Jun 2001 05:06:13 -0700
I read here often that folks recommend that rebar be kept "inside" the concrete
(and by several inches) - away from the nasty, wet soil in an effort to protect
it from rust.

My situation (high water table; poor draining, clay soil) and the fact that
concrete is somewhat porous will virtually guarantee my rebar will contact or
be exposed to water frequently/always even while within the concrete.  Do I
need to use the coated rebar stock (or roofing tar on standard rebar) on my

Am I all wet? <g>

73 Mike N2MG

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A