[TowerTalk] Guy wire resonance

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy wire resonance
From: (David L. Thompson)
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 18:19:21 -0400
I have never broken up my guys.  After reading W8JI's statement this proves
my point.   I am sure I have had pattern distortion
but I feel the only alternate solution is to use kevlar. To replace guy wire
with even heavy insulators mid stream weakens the support substantially. I
have seen the big signal corps insulators blow to pieces with a lighterning
strike.  I recently  found 3 pieces of the 6700lb kevlar with factory
installed connectors on the internet for $20 (plus shipping)each (73'
lenghts).   I keep looking for more as this is surplus stuff smd only a
fraction of the current ham net.

Dave K4JRB

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A