[TowerTalk] Wind Loading redux

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wind Loading redux
From: (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 06:20:26 -0600

Your posting is extremely interesting. I have two questions:

>      However, I have since read three of Dick K5IU's various papers
> (available through ARRL's QEX/Communications Quarterly) in which he cites

(1) Are these available on the web?

>      Another point:  The nonsense of multiplying the area of a Yagi
> by 0.67 or 0.6 or anything less than unity (1) to account for its shape is

(2) Why does footnote 8 in the UBC Table 16-H --Pressure Coefficients (C q )
states "Factors for cylindrical elements are two-thirds of those for flat or
angular elements"

You note is timely as I am diligently working on a mast design for some
Force 12 antennas.

.. sylvan

Sylvan Katz
Saskatoon, SK

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A