[TowerTalk] Re: Wind Loading

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Wind Loading
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:54:11 -0400

     Thanks for your comments.  One thing from among many that I learned
from DIck's articles is this : The figure 2/3 IS WRONG!  NEVER use 2/3 to
calculate ANYTHING regarding wind loading of a tower.  The correct figure,
according to Dick, is ALWAYS greater than 1, unless you're calculating the
force on a short, wide piece of cylinder, like maybe a coax balun at a
feedpoint.  Then Dick cites drag coefficients of less than unity.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F