[TowerTalk] Wind Loading redux

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wind Loading redux
From: (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 08:32:19 -0600

Okay - I have got the context now. Thank you. When you calculate the force
(F = p A) on a cylindrical yagi element or mast where the design pressure p
is given by

p = q Ce Cq  I

and Cq is = 0.8 for a cylindrical element  > 2" do you use the projected
area or effective area (2/3 projected area)?

.. sylvan

Sylvan Katz
Saskatoon, SK