[TowerTalk] Reluctant T2X

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Reluctant T2X
From: (Kurt Andress)
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 23:24:09 -0700
George Fremin III - K5TR wrote:
> My experiance with the T2X and the Ham III / Ham IV rotators
> leads me to think that if you were to swap out the
> two between your towers you would still have a sticky brake
> on teh T2X.

Your probably right George. I think there is plenty of evidence around that
the rotator has a problem with the brake mechanism. I don't think that can
be easily corrected.
The one here is flawless in still air or light breeze, I know the antenna
is not right, which tells me that the T2X would be happier with an antenna
load that is more balanced.
The next time I have that antenna down, I'll see if I can fix the problem
and find out.
73, Kurt

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A