[TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections
From: (Ron KA4INM Youvan)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:15:35 -0400
Hi all:
> career.  The 45g sections usually required 2 if not 3 people to pull the
section up
> safely.

  I've used a pickup truck backing away from the tower
(so the driver can see the section going up, HT in hand)
    (using a diverter pulley if necessary)
with the load line tied to the FRAME under the engine,
going to a pulley tied to the foundation of the tower.
Gin poles are big things that you rent.

         73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron
       Please visit my HAM web site at:

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A