[TowerTalk] TIC rotator assembly

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TIC rotator assembly
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 04:46:33 +0100
Steve,

I should add that the key to the installation is preparation and practice
*near* the ground before climbing to the final height on the tower.
I suggest you pre-configure the parts on the ground based on your performing
a test installation on the tower at a height of 10 feet.
That way, you will know exactly what will be required at 100 ft (or whatever
your final destination may be).

For example, I always prepare the mounting plates as two assemblies, rather
than three.  The ring will need to go up as two
pieces (1022 or 1032).  Other personal preferences will appear to you during
the test.

73,

Bill, N3RR