[TowerTalk] 3/16 EHS and Grips

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 3/16 EHS and Grips
From: (
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:16:41 EDT
In a message dated 6/12/01 12:35:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

> Does anyone know if ordinary 3/16" EHS with Guy Grips can be
>  used with 500D insulators or do they have to be 502's?
    Preformed grips can be used with either one. There is a second paint mark
farther away from the grip termination loop - this is the one to use when
putting them thru an insulator. It softens the exit angle of the grip from
the insulator.

>  I have never seen a 3/16" guy grip . . .

    Hey, Stan - this is a new millenium. Even Rohn sells them and has for

    Again, don't forget that the shorter grips are for utility grade 3/16"
wire rope and ARE NOT for EHS. DO NOT mix grips and cable types. There is a
grip for each application and wire rope configuration and it's different for
each one.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A