[TowerTalk] Come-a-longs

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Come-a-longs
From: (
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:14:18 EDT
In a message dated 6/12/01 6:57:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

> Maasdan (Maasden?) in California makes a gem.
>  I bought 4 of them many years ago and they are orders of magnitude better
>  than the
>  imported crap.
>  About 50 bucks a piece.   But they will be the last ones you buy.
>  I've seen them at either Home Depot or Lowe's.

    There are a myriad of cable puller (comealong) manufacturers and this IS
a case of you get what you pay for.

    A comealong should have hooks with spring-loaded gates on them and should
have a cast aluminum cable reel with double ratchet pawl and gear arrangement
on the reel. Something like this will run fifty bucks. Ones with a single
pawl/gear are in the $30-35 range. They both work for typical ham projects -
moving masts up and down, pulling guy wires, etc.

Cheers,   Steve     K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A