[TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections
From: (David Robbins)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:27:30 +0100 wrote:
>         Note the presense of MULTIPLE pulleys at the top
>         of the block and tackle.  A  GIN pole has only ONE
>         pulley at the top.  The only way to get a mechanical
>         advantage is to use a SEPARATE block and tackle
>         with a SECOND ROPE.  As I said before, this helps
>         the puller but does nothing to reduce the load on the
>         GIN Pole.   de  Tom  N4KG

wrong... as i pointed out it is possible to get an advantage for both the puller
and the pole by the use of a single top pulley and a single travelling pulley.
that is the basic 2:1 system where you pull down to lift the traveling pulley
and load up.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto://
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A