[TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections
From: (Gary McDuffie, Sr.)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:36:38 -0600
On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:27:41 +0100, David Robbins wrote:

> ok, so you understand the 2:1 advantage of the single moving pulley..

Hot damn!  Someone finally 'splained this so that some of us
non-gradgiated folk kin unnerstand it!

I knew what was being said was true, but when I tried to put the
argument on paper, I couldn't make it work.  This simple example (along
with one more drawing showing the 3:1 advantage config) should be
archived and referred back to anytime this question comes up (and it
does now and then).  If I can understand it, ANYONE CAN!

Thank you Mr. Robbins!

ag0n at arrl dot net

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A