[TowerTalk] Father's Day gift ideas

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Father's Day gift ideas
From: (
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:59:39 -0600
THREE comealongs are highly recommended, unless you
need the aerobic exercise and have lots of time :-)

While you are at it, a plumb bob or two is nice for truing the tower.
Either attach at the center of the tower or use two supports (5-6 ft)
at right angles with a small woven cord or solid wire supporting a
pair of small weights (3-5 lbs).  Sit on the ground, hands behind
you, and sight the tower.

I use old Big Grips wrapped part way for my wire pullers.
Cheap and easy.

Tom  N4KG

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 "J. Kincade" <> writes:
> How about a Klein "Haven" type wire grip (as opposed to the Klein
> "Chicago"
> grip, which has more moving parts), takes 1/8" to 1/2" wire, about
> $58 at
> your local Klein dealer. Just bought one, a very nicely made little
> tool. I
> may get a couple more so I can work three guys at once for
> temporaries, but
> then of course I have to get two more comealongs, too. Dang. Pasting
> money
> onto the hole in the sky again...  :-)
> 73, Jerry W5KP
> >
> > OK, now I need something to tell my wife to get for me.  Any
> ideas?
> >
> > Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A