[TowerTalk] gin pole and mechanical advantage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] gin pole and mechanical advantage
From: w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:04:12 -0500
Maybe I'm missing something.
If you hook a block and tackle to a gin pole, it will make the load easier
to lift.
IT WILL NOT put less strain on the gin pole.
I worked 35 years on rope scaffolds. The one on the side of buildings.
A block and tackle (in the trades they call them 'falls') will take less
muscle but the load is still there.

AND YOU MUST keep you hauling rope as vertical as possible.
I'm sure you guys knew all this, I just must have missed something in the
thread.

A failure will not appear till a unit has passed final inspection.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
w9ol@billnjudy.com

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----