[TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections
From: (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: 14 Jun 2001 20:07:02 -0700
On Thu, 14 June 2001, wrote:

> ...and the argument proposed by some here that a
> mechanical  advantage between the puller and a
> standard single pulley on the gin pole provides a
> load readuction for the gin pole is

I don't recall reading anything in which the author advocated arranging the
mechanical advantage between the worker and the ginpole.

I don't see why anyone would *want* to set it up this way - the workers gets an
advantage, but the ginpole does not.  Putting the mechanical advantage between
the ginpole and the load is where it belongs - both the worker AND the ginpole

73 Mike N2MG

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A