[TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections
From: (KB7WW Art Moe)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:23:48 -0700

Mike Gilmer - N2MG wrote:
> On Thu, 14 June 2001, wrote:
> > ...and the argument proposed by some here that a
> > mechanical  advantage between the puller and a
> > standard single pulley on the gin pole provides a
> > load readuction for the gin pole is
> > FALSE.
> I don't recall reading anything in which the author advocated arranging the
> mechanical advantage between the worker and the ginpole.
> I don't see why anyone would *want* to set it up this way - the workers gets
> an advantage, but the ginpole does not.  Putting the mechanical advantage
> between the ginpole and the load is where it belongs - both the worker AND
> the ginpole "gain".
> 73 Mike N2MG

Where is the advantage for the gin pole???????  If the section weighs a hundred
pounds, I don't care how many pulleys you use there is still a hundred pounds
on the gin pole.......... It will take less pull to raise because of the
mechanical advantage, but there is still 100 lb on the gin pole....

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A