[TowerTalk] Gin Pole and Rope Economy

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole and Rope Economy
From: (Stan or Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:51:45 -0700
This is a very good way to do it most cases.  I have a 115 foot tower that is
composed of 77 feet of one kind of tower (Rohn JJ)  and 38 feet of a smaller
(Rohn 25).  The splice between types is at the 77 foot level and it will not
a mast to pass by it inside the tower so I was stuck with going over the top
the the
18 1/2 foot mast in this case.

David Robbins wrote:

> Stan or Patricia Griffiths wrote:
> >
> > Say you are raising a 200 pound mast up to the top of a 100
> > foot tower.
> the easiest way to raise a 200# mast to the top of a tower is to put it inside
> the tower when you stand up the first couple sections.  then you can lift it
> inside the tower with any simple arrangement of pulleys hooked to the tower.
> you also avoid that awkward moment when you have the mast off at an angle at
> the
> very top of the gin pole trying to get it in the hole straight enough to slide
> down.
> --
> David Robbins K1TTT
> e-mail: mailto://
> web:
> AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A