[TowerTalk] Removing Oil from a Motor

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Removing Oil from a Motor
From: (Bryan Fields)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 23:07:53 -0500

Just checked, Freon 113 is Trichlorotrifluoroethane not Trichloroethane!

Just for fun one day I decided to play with some Freon 12 by inhaling it then
talking.  Does just the opposite of inhaling Helium, as my voice went down 2

Don't try this at home!!!!!!

On Friday 15 June 2001 12:30, you wrote:
> Are you sure you guys aren't talking about "trichoroethylene"?  I use that
> stuff to degrease oscilloscope fan motors all the time when I rebuild them
> as part of the old scope restoration process.  It is not as volatile as the
> freons I have seen and you can still get it in jugs at a chemical supply
> house.  Many freons boil at atmospheric pressures and room temperatures.
> Trichloroethylene does not, but it does evaporate rather quickly and you
> really need to keep the container capped.  You also need to use it in a
> well ventilated area.  I have never seen it in a spray can.  You have sign
> a paper saying you are aware of the dangers of using this chemincal when
> you buy it.
> We could be talking about different chemicals here.  I have never heard of
> "trichlorethane" but then there are lots of chemicals I have never heard of
- --
Bryan Fields, KB9MCI
It is better to travel hopefully than to fly Continental.
Version: GnuPG v1.0.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A