[TowerTalk] 2m 3L Quad

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2m 3L Quad
From: (Bob Nielsen)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 22:17:00 -0700
On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 06:42:59PM -0700, Joe Sloss wrote:
> A friend of mine has a old commercially made 3L 2m quad with the feed point
> at the end of the DE spreader which is currently set up in a "diamond"
> configuration.  The feed point cannot be changed.  The R, DE, and D
> spreaders are secured w/ set screws and can be rotated around the boom.
> What element configuration is required in order to insure horizontal, rather
> than vertical, polarization for 2m SSB.  Thanks for input.  Joe K7MKS

For horizontal polaration on a diamond quad, the feed to the DE should
be at the end of one of the vertical spreaders.  If the reflector and
director are assymetrical (e.g., there is a stub at one corner) that
should also be aligned with a vertical spreader.  It doesn't matter
whether you choose top or bottom, however.

Bob, N7XY

Bob Nielsen, N7XY
Bainbridge Island, WA
IOTA NA-065, USI WA-028S

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A