[TowerTalk] Rohn25 - different size bolt holes?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn25 - different size bolt holes?
From: (
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 21:41:19 EDT
Yes Steve, they take 1/4" x 1-1/2"  and  5/16" x 1-1/2" bolts.

Dwayne  KG4ADM

<< Curious why?
 Just acquired 60' some vintage of Rohn 25 good shape - no rust or
 broken welds!  Why does it have different size bolt holes on the legs? That
 is, where the legs nest together and have the 2-bolts per leg  one hole is
 larger than the other. Is this a feature? Doesn't look like they've been
 drilled out cuz the galvanizing is still in tack.  Should I use 2 different
 size bolts to fit the holes.TIA Steve/n0tu

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A