[TowerTalk] log periodic antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] log periodic antennas
From: thorh@worldnet.att.net (Thor Hallen)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 06:56:16 -0700
I recently replaced a Force 12 C3SS with a Tennadyne T6 log periodic to be
able to work 17 meters. The T6 has consistent good performance from 14 to 30
MHz with VSWR of 2:1 or less. The tradeoff with a log periodic versus a yagi
with comparible boom lengths is slightly lower directivity. There is a good
article in the ARRL Antenna Compendium Volume 6 by K9LA that contains
measured data and an EZNEC model. All materials are high quality and
assembly is straight forward. Chuck at Tennadyne is very helpful if you have
questions.

Thor Hallen K5AGE