[TowerTalk] Roihn Guy Bracket GA25GD?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Roihn Guy Bracket GA25GD?
From: K7NV@contesting.com (Kurt Andress)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 09:56:25 -0700
K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/22/01 8:45:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> K7NV@contesting.com writes:
>
> > This bracket doesn't do anything for torque.
>
>     You sure about this? I talked to the Rohn factory about this when they
> discontinued and then started up again production of the long revered 'torque
> arms'.
>
>     Hams had been using the torque arms for years and "knew" intuitively that
> they contributed "something" to the torque resisitance of the tower. When
> Rohn upgraded to a new TIA-222 rev (this was awhile ago so it might have been
> Rev. C or D) and they ran the calcs, they found that the standard torque arms
> didn't really contribute anything to tower torque resistance. They determined
> that they were primarily useful for when the tower was climbed; hence the
> "psychological help" they provided with little or no actual usefullness. Rohn
> decided to convert over to the new design with the oval rings.
>
>     Well, hams hit the roof because "we've always used them, therefore they
> must be useful" and Rohn resumed production of the old TA's in spite of their
> marginal usefulness.
>
> Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC

Here's what I read in the posts I responded to Steve,

Steve/n0tu wrote:

> I see Rohn recommends their guy assembly (GA25GD) accessory for attaching
> guys to the tower.

SNIP

Richard Thorne wrote:

> Steve:
>
> Either will work, I've done it both ways.  I like the GA25GD attach method
> though.

The Rohn catalogue I bought from you says:

Guy Bracket
GA25GD
Mounts to tower at any tower at any horizontal brace.

Torque bars
TB25D (not shown)
Optional for use with GA25GD

Did either of those posts say anything about torque bars? Rohn is pretty clear
that
they aren't included in the GA25GD.

I simply assumed those fellows meant what they said. I know I did.

Now, that torque bars are part of the discussion, you seem to have covered it.

--
73, Kurt, K7NV

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----