[TowerTalk] Cutting Large Holes in Aluminum

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cutting Large Holes in Aluminum
From: (Mike Wetzel)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 01:25:27 -0500
I have aluminum rectangular blocks (4"x4"x1") that I need to cut a 3"
diameter hole in (using them instead of muffler clamps).  I tried a bi-metal
hole saw and also a circle cutter with not much success since I need to make
about blocks altogether.  I have a metal lathe that I can bore the finish
diameter on but I would like to get a big chunk of the material out of the
way (to save some time).  I have also thought of using a smaller drill bit
(1/2") and drilling a series of holes around the diameter and may do this
but there seems like there has to be a better (less labor intensive) way.

Mike W9RE

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A