[TowerTalk] 40M FD Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40M FD Antenna
From: 107770.3462@compuserve.com (James P. Cassidy)
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 00:38:05 -0400
At K7AW we used a 2 el wire yagi on 40m almost exactly as N4KG described
his.  Ours was spaced at 22ft due to the width of the deck around the fire
lookout tower at 40ft high.  The apex of the antenna was about 60 ft raised
above the 40ft deck height.  The driven element was on the east side of the
deck and the reflector on the west side.  Field strength measurement showed
a reading of 17 on the east and 1 on the west.

The antenna really worked well with only 5w QRP power.  I missed most of
the action but when I hit 40m SSB about 4AM PDT was able to work almost
anything I could hear with ease.  Mostly midwest but some east coast as
well.
All antennas except for 6m were wires.  Sterba Curtains on 10,15 and a Lazy
H on 20m.

73 Jim KI7Y

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----