[TowerTalk] Relay source wanted

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Relay source wanted
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 07:09:02 -0400
At 12:32 AM 6/27/01 -0400, Tom Rauch wrote:
>If you want a single-pole double-throw relay, especially one for
>VHF, look at form-X contacts. This style contact pulls a shorting
>bar between stationary contacts, so they have the advantage of
>almost zero lead length through the relay. Since no thin long wires
>carry RF, they are generally usable to a few hundred MHz.
Sounds interesting, Tom.  Can you suggest some specific relays that
incorporate this contact design, or a reference that will list ones that
do?  I know you've said in the past that they are used in the Ameritron
RCS-8, but don't have one here I can open up to see.

73, Pete N4ZR
No, no ... that's WEST Virginia

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A