[TowerTalk] Need help locating Rohn BXB 7-8

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need help locating Rohn BXB 7-8
From: (Bill Coleman)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:11:04 -0400
On 6/20/01 10:40 AM, Ward Silver at wrote:

>The only problem I've had was that water got into the pipes (my fault) and
>had to be siphoned out.  Put a cap on the pipes or fill them with cement
>(after you put the bolts in).

Wouldn't it be better practice to place the pipes so they go through the
concrete base and into 4-6" of gravel for drainage?

This is the typical practice for Rohn 25/45-type bases using either a
base section or embedding a full-length section.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A