[TowerTalk] Need help locating tower standards

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need help locating tower standards
From: hankarn@pacbell.net (Dan)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:10:38 -0700
Some where way in the back of my mind when I was working for concrete
contractor he stated that "FULLY ENCLOSED REBAR" rebar does nor rust in
concrete as it has to have Oxygen to oxidize i.e. rust. I have seen a
lot of broken up concrete bases, foundations walls and have yet to see
any major rust that causes it to go away. Some in old buildings many
years old. You keep worrying about this and your ulcers will kill you
before the rust even thinks about starting.

One of the big problems in tearing down OLD buildings is cutting up the
rebar or bending it to get it in the dump trucks to haul it off. Go take
time to look at the next demo job you drive by, Look for rusted rebar.

With a 40X glass you can pick the fly S--- out of the black pepper
 The drainage at the bottom of the open tubes is a DO IT ITEM. I put
about 6" os sand and then gravel then enough sand so the gravel can not
plug the bottom of the tubes.
HAve a customer with 79' R25G on the coast in Malibu that has been up
with a tilt base since 89. Replaced the TV antennas 2 times and the guys
once. Lot of high winds above Coral Canyon and heavy salt air with no
problems.

Have your great, great, great, great grandchildren look at it in 80 plus
years.

Hank
KN6DI

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----