[TowerTalk] 40M FD Antenna

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40M FD Antenna
From: (David L. Thompson)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 20:33:26 -0400
Several clubs have  2el 40 meter beams and high (60'+) dipoles work well.
Years ago the old 135' center fed antenna
to a tuner work well for my club at the time.  We got one end up 75' and the
other up 52' with the feed point being about 60'.  Using a boatanchor
BW5100/51SB combo the rig worked very well on both CW and SSB.  I put it on
20 SSB for a few minutes and immediately drew a pile up.   Maybe QST could
include a column on the antennas used on one or two bands where a club ran
up a good score.
I'll ask....
73 Dave K4JRB

> Out of curiosity, what antennas were truly outstanding during Field Day
> year? I used a full-wave, fed a quarter wave from one end (up 20 feet!)
> it performed "just okay", judging by how long it took me to get responses
> my CQ's.
> You can E-mail your responses directly to me to save on bandwidth.
> 73, Bert N4CW (N4CW@AOL.COM)

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A