[TowerTalk] Quad Question

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Quad Question
From: (Greg - N4CC)
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 22:38:04 -0400
If you design a 40 meter quad, typically you design it for either the phone
or cw band but what if you cut a driven element loop for say 7.025 and
another driven loop on the same set of spreaders cut for 7.25 -- and feed
both of them simultaneously?
        Does anyone have any experience doing this or similar?
        Will bandwidth be improved?  (I recognize that with a single wire loop
a reflector that gain will be compromised at some point...but I'm looking
for a broadband solution with good SWR characteristics across the band and
decent forward gain.  I really don't care so much about f/b ratio.
        Some of you antenna or modeling experts must have some thoughts ???
73 de Greg-N4CC

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A