[TowerTalk] Wires in trees

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wires in trees
From: n9rla@yahoo.com (Dan Evans)
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 19:23:06 -0700
Use a

> "weak" bow, 40 pounds is plenty to reach 100 feet.  Use an
>
> aluminum, fiberglas or carbon fiber arrow (a real "good" one)

Pretty similar to what I use.  I have a 35lb pull fiberglass recurve bow.
I've used slingshots, but I'm much more accurate with the bow.  I got pretty
good at one time putting an arrow through the top rung of my 40' tower:-)
I know, climbing would have been much easier, but I can't seem to make
myself go more than about 15' up!

Planning to launch a few wires here soon, just trying to figure out how to
configure them to stay away from the darn power lines...

73
Dan

Dan Evans N9RLA
444 Lynhurst dr.
Scottsburg, IN 47170
{EM78}
IN-Ham list administrator
QRP-l #1269
1/2 of the N9RLA /R no budget Rover Team
Check out the Rover Resource Page at:
http://www.qsl.net/n9rla