[TowerTalk] Hazer for Trylon Titan 72 foot Tower.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hazer for Trylon Titan 72 foot Tower.
From: jsluder@gorilla.net (Jerry SLUDER)
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 15:43:44 -0500
The Glen Martin Company does not make their Hazer to function on
freestanding-taperd towers such as my Titan mfgrd by Trylon.I have
designed a possible solution using off the shelf materials. I have some
questions to pose
A   has anyone tried this, sucessfully or unsuccessfully?
B   I hope to mount a 6 ele long boom 20 meter beam on the sled (not
using the term"Hazer")and I think this will put the considerable torque
of the array outside of the tower instead of  in the center of the tower
as usual installation. Any need for torque arms?
C  Anyone had any thoughts as to how a Sled for Trylon Titan towers
might look like?
D Any opinions as to wether I am wasting my time or courting a disaster?

Help.........Jerry W5WDN

P.S  Trylon has not provided any info as to how much torque the tower
can handle under my Sled condidtions and the are very pessimistic about
the extra load torque arms would add...........

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----