[TowerTalk] Open Sleeve 80/40 Vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Open Sleeve 80/40 Vertical
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 21:48:28 +0200
The higher band in the open sleeve cell is inherently much narrower in
bandwidht than a free 1/4 Wl radiator.
I'm not sure the open sleeve is a good idea in this case where the bandwith
has to be
consistent.
I've a structure that's reasonant @ 3.5 MHz and I use that vertical on 80
and 40m.
I fed it with two separate gamma matches and the solution looks easy and
effective.

73,
Mauri I4JMY