[TowerTalk] Take down Rohn 25G tower with crane?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Take down Rohn 25G tower with crane?
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 11:20:46 -0600
On Sun, 8 Jul 2001 11:40:51 EDT K7LXC@aol.com writes:

THE RISKIEST THING YOU CAN  DO WITH A  TOWER IS TAKE
ONE DOWN THAT YOU KNOW ABOSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT.

>     This is something that unless you're confident in your skills to
> take it  down safely, either get professionals involved or I'd walk
> away from  it too.  Just because it's free doesn't mean it's worth it.
>
> Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
> Tower Tech

N4KG agrees WHOLEHEARTEDLY, as does ROHN.

Just check some of the Rohn advertisements in QST warning about
removing towers, especially if someone else did the installation.
Pay particular attention to the base.  NEVER *assume* that  it can
support even one or two sections safely without guys.

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----