[TowerTalk] Who's on top?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Who's on top?
From: (Tod Olson)
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 23:59:29 -0600
I suspect that I could get this answer from a diligent search of the TT
archives, but it is much more fun to get current thinking and experience.

I am planning to install a 40 meter beam (40-2CD) on the same tower and mast
as my triband beam (TH7). Should I place the 40 meter beam over the triband
beam or the other way around. Assume that there will be at least 8 feet of
separation between the two antennas and that the lowest antenna will be no
higher than 72 feet above ground. The antennas will be on a telescoping
tower so the height above ground is another variable (between 32 feet and 72
feet for the lowest antenna).

I have had a suggestion that I turn the booms so that they are 90 degrees to
each other. I can see that will introduce some interesting wind forces on
the tower and the rotator. Anyone have an opinion (or even some experience)
with this concept?

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A