[TowerTalk] TA-33 coil turns

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TA-33 coil turns
From: (Pat Masterson)
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:26:09 -0400 (EDT)
 Bill - I have a copy of the TA33 manual right here. It's very brief (2
or 3 pages) and doesn't mention the turns numbers at all.
 Also, the 15 M traps on the original antennas differ from the ones now
being sold. I was told this was due to a frquency change in that band
some years ago. And make sure the bakelite coil forms don't have any
cracks. Might be best to replace them anyway if they are originals.  -pat

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, bill thomas
wrote: >
> I'm rebuilding an old TA-33 for a new ham.  I need to know the coil turns
> for the traps as I believe the traps are mixed up and all the markings have
> faded away.  I used to have a TA-33 manual that showed the turns for each
> coil in each trap, but I threw it out some time back.  Can anyone help who
> may have the information?
> Bill

*  Pat Masterson  B38-01,  Northrop Grumman,     *  Ham:KE2LJ
*  20 Orville Road,                              *  President Grumman Amateur
*  Bohemia,  NY                                  *  Radio Club  WA2LQO
*  email:   Fone: 631-218-6746   *

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A