[TowerTalk] Take down Rohn 25G tower with crane?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Take down Rohn 25G tower with crane?
From: (Bill Turner)
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 11:18:24 -0700
On Mon, 09 Jul 2001 12:39:36 -0400, Mark . wrote:

>The best suggestion I heard for removing the rusty bolts is to carefully cut
>off the heads with an abrasive disc and tap the bolts out with a punch.

Before you go to all that trouble, try penetrating oil first.
Soak the bolt from both sides and give it several hours or even a
day.  I've seen amazingly rusted bolts come loose that way.

Be sure you use oil made especially for freeing rusted nuts and

73, Bill W7TI

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A