[TowerTalk] Reusing old tower joint bolts

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Reusing old tower joint bolts
From: (Mark .)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:16:18 -0400
Thanks from Scott and I for all the good discussion on reclaiming the old

We are definitely not planning to re-use the bolts since they have been up
and rusting for so long. Those crappy Rohn bolts on my new tower started
rusting in less than a year!
I will recomment using Stan's (W7NI) mechanically galvanized tower joint

The rust on the tower braces is only minor surface rust, therefore I feel
the integrity of the tower is fine.
However, the bolts are more extensively rusted. Although I believe they are
strong enough for a safe dissassembly, I consider them completely unsuitable
for re-use.

Good comments folks - keep 'em coming!

PS: I made this into a side thread for specific availability of the search
engine in the archives.

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A