[TowerTalk] Re: How to raise mast? Now Climbing Safety

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: How to raise mast? Now Climbing Safety
From: (Frank & Barb Ayers)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:22:10 -0400
> I'll order from Steve LXC, but I'm curious about the various options.  I
> understand the climbing rope is preferable because it is somewhat
> elastic.  Any thoughts?

I believe there are static and dynamic climbing ropes. I have a bunch of
dynamic ropes that I have used for rock climbing and I've also used them for
working on my roof. They do have some give to them. For tower work, though,
I stick to an arressting lanyard. As good a job I may think I can do on
knots, I'd rather trust something made for the specific purpose of
tower/scaffold type work.

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A