[TowerTalk] sleeving Mast

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] sleeving Mast
From: (Larry Stowell)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:29:26 -0400
Bob wrote...

The new antenna project calls for a Force 12 EF-30/40 to replace the HyGain
402BA. However, after discussions with Force 12 and this reflector, most
think that 12' spacing would lessen interaction between the antennas. So the
question is, without purchasing a new mast, how does one elongate the
current one? I have considered both internal and external sleeving methods
measuring about 3' for an 18" overlap. To accomplish the extra 2 to 3' in
mast length, the extension would be the same size as the current one. The
internal sleeving method appeals most since the antenna can be placed on the
mast at a lower level then slid up the mast into the 12' position.  The
current mast is 2" OD and .250" wall thickness. Any one tried this approach?

Bob, K3GT

I would like to do the same if the reply's good be posted it would be most
interesting to me

Larry WA2SRY

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A