[TowerTalk] RE: Base for TriEx WT51???

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Base for TriEx WT51???
From: (Tom Anderson)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:01:51 -0500
Tnx for the suggestion.  I've got a friend in Houston that has an extra base
and I'll try to persuade him to let me borrow it for a while and have an extra
base made.  I should have bought an extra base like he suggested when I bought
the WT51 in 1993.

73 de Tom, WW5L wrote:

> Posted By WB2WIK
> I have no clue about Tri-Ex's status, but I do own a WT-51 and have owned
> other W-51's over the years, so I've installed bases for them all over.  As
> you know, the tower's only 368 lbs and can be carried by two strong men, or
> four weaker men, or one guy and a good 4-wheeled cart (my general
> preference).  For less than $400 or $260, I could get a local welding shop to
> fabricate a base for me from scratch, and I've done just that.  If you bring
> the tower to the shop, they'll charge very little as they'll have a working
> "fixture" to build on, which will assure perfectly correct dimensions of the
> final result.
> If you can't, ask your local welding shop if they can send somebody over to
> wherever the tower is and make a good sketch of the bottom of the tower
> (spacing between the three legs, between the mounting holes, etc) because you
> need a base fabricated.  They only need some 1/4" thick steel plate and 3/4"
> or 1" re-bar, materials cost for a base that's 60" deep is only about $50,
> and labor is about $100.  I've paid $150 for W-51 bases from three different
> welding shops on the east and west coasts, it's never been a big deal.
> 73 de Steve WB2WIK/6

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A