[TowerTalk] Substitute thicker Phillystran?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Substitute thicker Phillystran?
From: (Michael Rauh)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:34:09 -0400
Reply to

Thanks to you and all who posted on my question. I feel a lot more confident
about trying out the thicker philly, and your advice has saved me about

Maybe someday someone will write a theoretical treatment of the guyed tower
for amateurs.  In the meantime I'm planning a trip to the OSU library to see
what they have on steel structures.  I've found some elementary material
about Euler columns and buckling theory.  I hope to learn more.

The Japanese have made the rig a commodity.  The big technical challenge in
HF radio these days is the antenna.  I'm having the time of my life building

Best Regards,

Mike Rauh, NV7X

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A