[TowerTalk] Question - Routing of Coax around Rotator Shelf

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Question - Routing of Coax around Rotator Shelf
From: (Bill Coleman)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:20:30 -0400

I'm steadily working to put up my 44' Rohn 25 bracketed tower. While
planning ahead, I ran across something I'm not entirely sure how to

I know that you're supposed to route all cables INSIDE the tower. This
works for me right up to the 40' level, were the standard Rohn AS25
rotator shelf completely blocks the tower interior. In my case, I have an
AG3 top, so there's still a couple of feet of tower to route the cable

How do others do this?

* Jump around the shelf, bringing the coax back in, and up the tower leg
before the rotation turn loop where the taper stops.

* Go outside shelf, leaving the coax outside the tower before the
rotation turn loop.

* Starting the rotation turn loop at the shelf.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A