[TowerTalk] Galvanized U Bolt Clamps?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Galvanized U Bolt Clamps?
From: (Lance Collister)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:01:19 -0600

I am in the process of building an EME array for 6m, and need to construct the H
frame.  I have been unable to find a local source for galvanized clamps, and I
wonder if anyone can suggest a place to purchase them.

My vertical masts are 2.375" OD aluminum pipe.  With automotive muffler clamps,
which I have used in the past, I have found that a "heavy duty" 2.25" would
a tight-fitting saddle.  If I can't come up with a source for galvanized clamps
at a
reasonable price, the plan is to buy the galvanized U bolts, and use them with
locally powder-coated (including a zinc primer first) heavy duty automotive
clamp saddles.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  MNI TNX and 73, Lance
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8)
P.O. Box 73
Frenchtown, MT  59834  USA
TEL: (406) 626-5728   FAX:(406) 728-6320

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A