[TowerTalk] Mast arrived

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast arrived
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 19:21:12 -0400
TT:

     I'm another satisfied customer of Special Metals, Inc., the mast
supplier for Jerry W5KP's mast.    The 2 inch, 22-foot long, 0.25 inch wall
chrome molybdinum mast I ordered from these guys on July 12  arrived this
evening.  Really painless to get it - call up Joe Varva (1-800-727-7177),
tell him what you want and give him a credit card number.  It came with a
MTR (Material Test Report), showing my piece has 112.2 Ksi tensile
strength - plenty.

     My alternative was to travel to Dillsburg, PA (maybe 70+ miles one way)
in my mini-van (pause for laughter), hope they had one as long as I wanted,
then try to get it home without its falling off the luggage rack.  This
would have saved me twenty dollars over the delivered price from Special
Metals.  The money was worth the convenience.

     BTW - I now have to return the industrial bearing I bought for the CM.
The 2 inch bearing hole is probably on the low side of the dimension.  Need
a slightly larger bearing.  Darn!

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----