Hello - TT'ers
For those interested in using a phone pole to mount a large beam, I have a
professionally made phone pole mount that is available for sale. It was
built to my spec to rotate a large 40 M beam.
1. Includes a 9' mast, the lower 7' of which is double wall. Beam sat just
above the top of rotation assy., still on the double wall part.
2. Mount is 7' high, constructed of a 7' tall heavy aluminum channel, with
1/4" aluminum box-reinforced shelves. One large one for the rotator, and two
others for the thrust bearings. Mount is a TIG-welded assembly.
3. Rotator is mounted on a plate, which is in turn mounted on the lowest
shelf, using four auto engine mounts. The engine mount mounting makes life
easier for the rotator, and allows the use of two thrust bearings. Two
thrust bearings allow the rotator to be easily removed for maintenance.
4. Includes a Yaesu 2700 rotator, (the immediate predecessor to the 2800)
and the control box for same.
5. includes 4 stainless steel sway braces that tie into the sides of the
6. includes galvanized pole-line hardware, including gain plates.
This is a serious antenna mount for a serious antenna. It was installed on
a class 2, 70 foot pole.
Condition: Mount: nearly as new
Rotator: working just fine at last use, which was about 1 1/2
years ago. Whole assy has been stored inside since decommissioning.
Mast: galv shows signs of mounting points, but is in
excellent condition; galvanized, mfg. by U.S. Towers to my spec.
Total cost to fabricate: $2550. Offered at $1200 firm for all, FOB Tucson.
I can arrange for palleting or crating (suggested). Crating would be extra
at actual cost.
List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
for information on our fabulous Trylon Titan self-supporting towers - up to
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/towertalk
Administrative requests: towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com